The China countdown is on. Only a week until I leave. Woohoo.
The reactions to my leaving have been generally supportive with the occasional Eeyore. BUT below are my top 10 favoritest (yes, that’s a word – to me at least) reactions.
10) Mostly everyone: “That’s amazing.” or “What an opprotunity.” etc.
9) My best friend, Nicole: “I’m scared for you.”
8) My Grandfather: “You can’t live without him for 6 months?”
7) Denise Wachner, a long time client of mine: “So, we’re never gonna talk to you again?”
6) Pat Maher, my boss: “Are you sure you want to do this?”
5) Lloyd West, the President of my company: “China, Texas?”
4) My Brother, Curtis: “Asia scares the s#&t out of me.” and “Sorry I’m not more jacked up for you, but I just woke up from a nap.”
3) Ryan Woodke (my friend and co-worker): “What did Obama do to piss you off?”
2) Morton Metzger (my 82 year old client without a filter): “Are you getting married?”. Followed by “Your boyfriend must be an idiot.”. Then “Lloyd, you aren’t paying her enough if she’s moving to China.”, “I can’t believe you’re leaving me.”, “I can’t believe you’re parents are allowing you to go.”
1) Me (to Fabien):(Insert stern look) “We’re not moving to China.”
3 thoughts on “Top 10 Reactions”
Seriously, I can’t live without your humour. I miss you so much already. Can’t wait to read more. xoxo
I like reactions 5), 4), and 2)! But my favorite is sill the 1), I remember very well you saying this…I was like: “OMG this is gonna be a tough discussion…” which finally was not at all! ;) I love you.
When I read all the reactions, I become afraid. The fear of the unknown…And then I think of what a great opportunity you have to see the world! Be smart and take lots of pictures! Love you.